So the whole idea of meeting people online just seems wrong. Apparently everyone is doing it, but I cannot even stomach the thought. I know that so many people meet their soul mates on all those websites like match.com, eharmony.com, jdate.com and chemistry.com, but the idea just freaks me out. I have a friend in Atlanta that I found out is on match.com, and I like to make fun of him for it...mean, I know...and he is just trying to meet potential girlfriends. A friend of mine at work was telling me how he met several cool girls on chemistry.com, and how I really should try it out. Sorry guys, just not going to happen. Is it because of the bizarre experience I had in Israel in 1998 that confirmed my fears about people pretending to be someone they are not becuase they can hide in a chat room? Is it because I watched too many episodes of "How to Catch a Predator"? I do not really know.
All in all, I do not really care how other people go about meeting members of the opposite sex. Until I heard a radio commercial about another website. ashleymadison.com. I was not sure I heard correctly, so I looked it up myself. Yes, this is a website for people who are already in a relationship but would like to have an affair. Isn't that just wonderful?!
Seriously. Some days I feel like I am totally in the wrong world. How did I get here? How can I get out. I do not want to be around people that operate like this.
2 comments:
I was thinking about this... wouldn't it be funny if someone was cruising around, looking for someone to have an affair with, found a person they like to chat with, set up a meeting and it was their spouse/significant other? ha ha!
yeah...that was the pina colada song....
Post a Comment